Tuesday, April 17, 2012

this morning



This morning a thick envelope of fog hung around the valley. Large drips fell from the roof, likely the result of a heavy dew. Or perhaps a light frost.


I cut myself a few slices of bread, baked late last night. Spread with peanut butter. Put on that necessary morning coffee.


I discovered our little artist has been at it again.


Sadly, I haven't had much time for knitting these school holidays. When I did I made a crucial decreasing error in the dress I was making for Violet. Then I worried that the little dress probably wouldn't be so practical afterall. I unravelled. Almost three whole balls. I was strangely disconnected from the process. Perhaps my heart was never really in that one. So I found a very simple, garter stitch, hopefully school holiday/low concentration friendly top. The 4 seasons jacket pattern.


We were given a huge home grown pumpkin the other day from a friend. A pumpkin soup and a pasta with fried pumpkin (and other vegies) later... and we are still only halfway through it. Savoury pumpkin pie tonight perhaps? I've been saving the seeds. I might put few away for next years seeds and for the others I might try a roasted recipe like this one.


Wishing you all a pleasant day.

10 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very pleasant day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like a delightful morning. The rain here on our little garden along with our coffee has also been lovely. Isn't it quaint how these little morning rituals can bring so much joy to a day?

    bxx

    bybande.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like a delightful morning. The rain here on our little garden along with our coffee has also been lovely. Isn't it quaint how these little morning rituals can bring so much joy to a day?

    bxx

    bybande.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, we are living parallel lives at the moment. I am spending the day knitting today after a disastrous start last night, hoping once I make some headway with this pattern I'll be fine.
    The 4 seasons jacket is adorable as is your resident artist :)
    Enjoy your day Tania.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely. Especially that coffee!!! Let me know if you have any luck with the roasted pumpkin seeds. I've tried a few different recipes now and they have been a failure (tough and chewy / sharp and unchewable... sigh.) Not sure what I am doing wrong. Back to the drawing board this winter! x L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hacking our way through a giant pumpkin here too! Pumpkin and ricotta canneloni for dinner tonight. It's quite soul destroying when you have to unravel something isn't it. Gorgeous pattern and lovely yarn too so here's hoping it's a lovely knitting journey. Wishing you a gorgeous day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got an amazing pumpkin from a local farmer at the markets on the Easter weekend. It was huge. Made two batches of pumpkin soup and two batches of pumpkin scones. I also saved the seeds... might have to try the roasted seeds in your link...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear! Violet has been busy;) can you get that off? If not, try those magic eraser thingys you can buy from the supermarket. They get everything off.

    Your trees look so great. They've really grown this past season. Not long before they'll be giving you lovely summer shade. Happy rainy Wednesday...well, it's very wet here at least. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jamie at Home has to be my favourite series that Jamie did... And I love the look of your bread.. Is that sourdough?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That knit jacket is adorable! Definitely adding that one to my queue. I pulled a pumpkin from my garden this morning and have been wondering what to use it for. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have any questions please check back later as I will do my best to answer any within the comments section.