Thursday, March 24, 2011

My creative Space


My modest effort this week was my first knitted hat. From this free pattern. Moving on from scarves...finally! I quite liked the cotton, and now looking forward to some true Autumn weather. I actually did the hat upside-down as my seam was not quite up to scratch. It still retained the same shape, as it is, essentially, a square when knitted up.


And of course the little munchkin was asleep when I finished it. But not to worry, a sleeping baby can make the perfect little model :)
After years of wanting to learn to knit, and a shortage of any available teachers, it feels good to have gotten this far in the past six months. Though it has been baby steps, slowly, a world of knitting is opening up to me. Perhaps a baby jumper next...

For more creative spaces click here

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first knit hat.it looks adorable on the munchkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I think that the sleeping baby has made the perfect model. The hat looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! I started knitting about 6 months ago too.
    I adore that little pixie hat. Too cute on your sleeping baba.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby is just too cute!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog Tania. I just wanted to let you know that the Oliver & S pyjama pattern is out of print but I found a copy at one of the Australian online fabric shops (think it might have been Earthgirl fabrics), so they're around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very very gorgeous and nice hat too!

    I am aiming to make my first hat spon too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right. That does it. The world is your knitted oyster...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just precious! Both the baby and the cap! I have been thinking it was time to become a knitter myself. It seems like the perfect purposeful craft for me. I have done it long ago, but have completely forgotten everything.

    I love that yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done a lovely job with both the hat and the cute sleeping baby. Both look perfect to me.

    Have a great day,

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, the hat and the baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have any questions please check back later as I will do my best to answer any within the comments section.